Our Work Smart blog series continues with Google Sites. The aim with this series is to help companies to work smarter by getting the most out of the cloud computing power that’s already available to them.
With so many updates and additional features being added to G Suite (formerly known as Google Apps for Work), it can be easy to overlook some simple example use-cases that might just make your work day a whole lot simpler. So let’s see what’s possible…
Google Sites can be used to build a vendor portal so that Supply Chain Managers can share information about new products, such as delivery requirements and forecasting. Managers can then share important information like production schedules, quotes and delivery plans with the rest of the team in Google Drive so that they can access the data they need and work together from anywhere. Any changes that need to be reviewed can be done so by scheduling a meeting in Google Hangouts.
- Communication with suppliers is made simple.
- Improve response time to quote requests.
- Collaborate in real time on product orders.
- Resolve quality issues quickly and easily.
Facilities teams can use Google Sites to either create an intranet or build a facilities page to add to their current site. Once this is done, employees will be able to access the page and fill in a Google Form to submit their request for equipment, maintenance, meeting rooms or even catering. Facility Management teams will then receive email notifications for each new request that comes through, along with them being added to the linked Google Sheet, which keeps track of all requests logged.
- All request forms are stored together and easily updated.
- Make requests from any device, from anywhere.
- Minimise paperwork and remove the requirement for dedicated service desks.
- Services can be implemented more efficiently.
Training providers can use Google Sites to set up an internal website and store all of their training materials. The site can be customised to allow different users to have access to different levels of training, based on whereabouts they are and what type of tasks their role includes. Workers from each department can access the site via a Chromebook when they need to learn about a particular task, and the website will automatically display the different training options available for their role.
- Employees can be trained from many different locations from one self-service portal.
- Administration costs are reduced by employees accessing materials online.
- Instructions can be updated quickly and easily from anywhere, on any device.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to get the most out of Google Sites or you’d just like to find out a bit more about G Suite and what it could offer, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com. We would be delighted to have a chat about how we could help.
Work Smart with G Suite
If you would like to see some other examples of how G Suite apps can be used to help streamline your work day, you can find our other blog posts linked below.