Welcome to the highly anticipated part two of team Cobry’s favourite Google Workspace productivity and collaboration hacks. We know you’ve been waiting all week for it, so we won’t make you wait any longer!
File templates are available in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms and are a great way of standardising communication throughout an organisation. You can use a template from Google’s template gallery or can create an organisational one.
How to create a template:
- Navigate to the app in which you would like to create the template, click on Template Gallery then Submit Template.
- Select the file that you would like to submit as a template.
- By submitting the file as a copy it means that the original file will remain the same and won’t be changed when others use the copy of the template.
- Choose a category for your template then finally hit submit.
You may have noticed that Google Chat has been undergoing some changes recently. One of our favourite updates is the increased integration with the Google productivity apps such as Docs, Sheets and Slides. With this new feature, you open files within the chat app and have the file and your chat side by side. This way, you can carry on your conversation in chat whilst working in the same file together without ever leaving that window.
The Explore Function
Explore is a feature available in Docs, Sheets and Slides which uses AI to provide the user with suggestions related to their file. In Docs and Slides you can search your Drive and the Web to add files or images. Meanwhile in Sheets, you can ask the explore function questions about your data as well as being able to insert graphs and charts. No matter which app you use Explore in, you’ll be impressed at how it can elevate your work and enable you to work more efficiently.
How it works:
- Simply locate the explore button at the bottom right hand corner of either Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- Use the search bar to search the web or ask a question in sheets. Or, check out the suggestions made by Google’s AI based on the content of the file.
- To add an explore item to your file click insert.
Snooze emails in Gmail
Snooze is a really handy feature for those of us with crazy inboxes. It enables you to postpone an email and temporarily remove it from your inbox until you’re ready for it.
How it works:
- From your inbox, hover over the email you would like to postpone.
- On the right hand side you will see the snooze icon which looks like a clock.
- Click on this then select either a predetermined time period or a custom date and time from the calendar for the email to return to the top of your inbox.
This is a great way to be able to organise your email, manage your time effectively and remain focussed on the task at hand. Additionally, if you need to change the date you have snoozed the email until, you can do that from the snooze tab in gmail. Simply locate the email and move the date or unsnooze it completely!
Want to find out about Google Workspace for your organisation? Get in touch!