Welcome to this edition of the Cobry Cafetiere of Cloud Knowledge, your weekly chance to learn something new about a Google Workspace feature, gain an insight into our way of working at Cobry, or in the case of this week’s edition, find out some wonderful news we have to share.
What we are referring to is the fact that we are now GCP certified, which means a lot of things for us and hopefully you. So we thought we better lay it out for you over the course of this blog.
What is GCP?
So some of you may be thinking, what is GCP? Well, GCP or Google Cloud Platform, is a great way for organisations to utilise cloud technology to its full potential and solve their business problems.
The 4 Key Pillars of Google Cloud Platform
As is outlined in the video there are four key pillars to GCP:
- Infrastructure – This pertains to computers running in the cloud, with examples including virtual machines running things from the cloud, or even a database. You can modernise infrastructure and run critical workloads like VMware or SAP natively on GCP.
- Data Analytics – This is an incredibly important thing for any organisation. With GCP, organisations can move from complex analytics that are difficult to digest and instead create actionable insights with a serverless, fully managed analytics platform.
- Application Development – Organisations can modernise legacy apps and build new services that leverage kubernetes, containers and other cloud capabilities.
- Cloud Operations – This focuses on how organisations can understand the best cloud solution for their chosen issue they’d like to address and consequently implement it with operations services.
Why does Cobry care about Google Cloud Platform?
Now we know a little bit more about GCP, it’s important to understand why we at Cobry care about GCP and why we are so excited to add this to our repertoire of services we provide.
Simply put, our mission is to help organisations work better through the power of the cloud. Offering GCP allows us to widen the solutions we can offer to ensure that our mission is achieved.
Benefits of GCP
There are many benefits of using GCP which we have also outlined. Here are some of the highlights:
- You can choose where you can store your data, whether this be in one singular location or in multiple locations.
- Pre packaged platforms that allow organisations to be able to solve their problems quickly, without compromising on quality.
- GCP is quick and easy to deploy and better still it’s incredibly scalable.
- Google makes it really simple for developers to get started and create solutions for organisations.
So there we have it, a whistle stop tour of GCP, what it is, why we love it so much and how it could benefit your organisation!
If you’d like to find out more about how Cobry could help you further enhance the power of the cloud with Google Cloud Platform, feel free to get in touch. We’d love to help.